Wednesday, December 2, 2009

music, music, and more music!

So the Christmas season is here and that means concerts, recitals, and more music stuff!:)

Today I have an extra practice for my chamber group, cause we are not ready to preform on Saturday!!*panic*
This Saturday, we have our big orchestra concert and chamber concert!!:)
My little brothers have a recital, the week after our concert.
Then the Saturday the 12th, we are going with our orchestra and playing Christmas songs at a strip mall.
The same day we have another chamber concert.
Sunday the 13th I have a recital.
*panic*
*my song is not ready!!*

On Saturday January 9th, I will be playing for orientation for the string school. Orientation is that day when the string school stars back after the Christmas break and the teachers, and director talk about the different orchestra and about the string school. They get a few people to play for everyone, kinda like representing the string school...
Anyway, I am playing for it this year and SO excited, but that means no Christmas break from music...
I am going to be practicing like crazy until January 9th!:)


I made name tags the the Beginners classes for Saturday's concert.

Beginner 1 


Beginner 2


A close up of the tag. :)


I hope everyone is getting excited about the Christmas season!:)

What is your favorite Christmas song
and
what is your favorite thing to do with family over the Christmas season? 

1 comment:

Samuel said...

Favorite Christmas song, hard choice. I think I would have to go with "Silent Night"

Favorite thing to do with family. I think having everyone home for a big meal. :)