Friday, April 9, 2010

Love Comes Softly

Last night we watch the movie Love Finds a Home. I hated it, the only reason I finished it was cause I wanted to see if anyone died!;) The only movies I did like watching in the Love comes Softly series were: Love Comes Softly and Love's Enduring Promise
Here are several reasons I started disliking them after the 1st two movies.

1.They started having one of the main characters die in every film.

2. I got the feeling from the films, that they were saying Women and do anything and don't need help.The women seems head strong and bossy to the men.

3. The story line started going away from the books. I have read all the books and really liked them!:)

4. I don't think anyone in these films knew how to communicate!!! This drove me CRAZY!;)

OK, as of right now those are all my reasons. ;) The one thing that I did like in all these movies, were how the guys acted like gentlemen. :) Also, I watched all the movies in hope that they would get better...;)

I would love to hear your thought about these movies, I have not seen some of them in awhile. So these are just my thoughts from what I remember from them. :)

3 comments:

The Gentleman From Virginia said...

Though I thought the first one was "slightly touching" the first time I saw it, that wore off quickly with the amount of times it was re-played. As far as the other ones are concerned, I am dissappointed to be able to describe them to my friends as, "A set of movies that seem to follow the same basic story line. Someone dies or gets hurt at the beginning, the middle of the movie is spent with the characters trying to get over the beginning, and at the end, they either kill somebody else off, or some other tragedy occurs". Throw in a prissy girl, or some creepy guys, and you have the main differences between the movies. [Though I do have a weak spot for gunfight scenes in even the cheesiest western ;)

Rachel and Sarah said...

I agree. In almost every movie they try to portray that a woman can do anything a man can do.(be a doctor,a teacher etc.) I personally haven't read the books, so don't have anything to compare them to, except that it is true that every movie has someone dying, someone getting married, and someone crying. :) Here again, I haven't read the books, but it seems like the director got tired of the men characters and killed them off as often as he could.(Aaron,Willy,Drew) And I didn't really care for the switch up of main characters: there are 3 different Missy's, 2 different Belindas, and 2 different Marty's!! So that's my thought about the movies!:)
-Sarah

Butler Family Member said...

I don't realy like them because they don't really have any "redeaming qualities" and all of them are total repeats! The first husband dies, then the wife adopts a orphan or some lonely girl, then that girl's first husband dies! Quite silly! And ofcourse I allready know what will happen to poor joshua if Lillian marries him! But I don't know if they ae making any more. The only lady I liked in the movie was Belinda's friend. ~Kelsey