Monday, April 5, 2010

Womanly Dominion

 I just finished the book Womanly Dominion by Mark Chanski. I really loved this book and I would recommend reading it!:)

I wanted to share some things in the book, that really struck me while I was reading.:)

1. Godly Women, made in the image of God, must daily tell themselves to "Win it!"( play with all of your might in every encounter.) to the glory of God.

2. In such ways, a women is to dominate aggressively her environment, rather than allow her environment.  to dominate her. She needs to work and play with a "Win it" instead of a surrender it mindset. She must rule and subdue, rather then letting herself be ruled and subdued. God has commissioned her to assert herself aggressively as a master over the teeming spheres of her life. God has not assigned her to sit on her porch swing with a pink parasol daydreaming what she might do "if only" the obstacles weren't so complicated. No! She's to get out there and do it with all her might!

3. God has assigned to man the primary role of head and leader and to woman the auxiliary role of follower and assistant.

4.the truth is that the ultimate purpose of marriage is nit to make us happy. Women who get married for the purpose of finding happiness are setting themselves up for almost certain disappointment;they seldom find what they are looking for. The trust is that happiness is not found in (or out) marriage; it is not found in any human relationship. True joy can only be found through Christ.

5.you must daily tell them (your children) the bad news about themselves- that they are sinners whose crimes against God doom them to be punishes forever by His just wrath in hell, and that these is nothing they can do by themselves to clean up their morally filthy condition. You must also daily tell them (your children) the good news truth about Jesus Christ- He came as the Lamb of God to offer up himself as a substitution atonement in the place of sinners. Whoever smears Jesus' blood on the doorpost of his soul by believing in him will have God's lethal wrath harmlessly pass over his soul on judgment day.

6. Dianne Chanski - "The Lord made me for his purpose, too. He made me a woman, a wife and a mother. He made me to serve. And when I serve, I feel His pleasure. And regardless of society's face, my child's face, or even my husband's face, it;s my Heavenly Father's face that drives me on. I now that He sees me serving, His smiles and says, "This is my beloved daughter in whom I am well pleased." When I serve, I feel His pleasure. "

7. Romantic feelings, like beach castles, soon crumble with the shifting sands. A couple needs something more solid on which to build a marriage. The God-ordained foundation for marriage is the covenantal vow.

8. A women of dominion will not permit herself to be bullied by her feelings, emotions, and circumstance. Instead, she will rule over them and subdue them under her feet, so help her God.

9. Dr. Laura Schlessinger - "Thanks God daily for such a terrific guy, mentioning specific qualities for which I'm grateful. Look for daily ways to be a blessing to my husband (trying to understand what pleases him, anticipating his needs, etc..) Take responsibility for my own emotional well-being;stay rested, don't over commit and then complain, stay in touch with friends with a positive influence. Stay focused on making a home for a family and remember that this is my(your) highest calling and responsibility, and that is has eternal value. The more I do this, the happier and more content I am."

10. Men love to be perceived as heroes and dragon slayers. We (men) love to rescue damsels and be admired for out chivalrous feats. When you view us like that, you become darlings in our sight. I know you think we're silly for wanted respect. But we think you're silly for wanted flowers.;)

3 comments:

Will'sWife said...

I agree - it's a very good book! Thanks for posting quotes :)

Rachel and Sarah said...

Very good thoughts! :) :) :)
-Rachel

Meredith Ivy said...

I am working through this book as well and enjoying it very much. It is so challenging. Thanks for posting these quotes.