Friday, May 21, 2010

What I've been up too...

Last weekend, I spent the night with Abigail. We watched Sarah Plain and Tall, since Abigail has banned me from watching them without her. ;) I liked the movie, but I will have to read the book again to see if it was like the movie. I can't remember. While I was at the Taylor's, I helped their volunteer fire department sell hot dogs and drinks. I just really sat on the coolers and talked to people! ;) Anyway, this man came up to the table, and looked at me and said,"Woman get me a hot dog!" I just sat their for a few seconds with a very shocked look on my face! ;) It sounded like something my brother would say as a joke! ;) 

On Monday I had to go to the Orthodontist. I don't like going to them...I always have the most horrible headache after I go and then when I take something for my headache it makes me really sleepy! Anyway, my appointment was at 9:20am, and I got there early at 9:15! ;)
I brushed my teeth and sat in the chair. The dental assistant came over and took off my bands so that I could go brush again. It felt SO good to brush!:) Once I was back in my chair, the Doctor came and looked in my mouth and told me, that I would get rubber bands today!=) I was very excited!:) The assistant told me how to put them on and gave me two bags. Well, once I left the orthodontist, I took some Advil for my mouth. It hurt like crazy!! The rubber bands were pulling down my top teeth!;) On Tuesday night, my mouth started burning and it kept on burning till Wednesday when I stopped wearing the rubber bands to see if my mouth would stop burning. Well, it did stop burning and felt a lot better, so I called the orthodontist and they said to stop wearing them and that I might be allergic to Latex! They are mailing me latex free rubber bands!;)

Our family LOVES surprise muffins, so when I found a recipe for surprise muffins with a herseys kiss inside, I got really excited! Needless to say, they looked really look, but I did not like how the outside tasted...very disappointing. :(
Here is a picture of what they looked like inside:

Aren't they cool looking!
I am going to try to just make my own muffin recipe up and then put a kiss inside!;)

This Saturday I have the competition DMTA! 
I have had lots of practices for that this week.
I feel so ready and will be glad to have it behind me!:)

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Wow, you didn't tell the hotdog story! Hahaha, that's hilarious.

Personally loved the muffins.

Abigail said...

didn't tell *me*, I meant to say. ;)

Abigail Knutson said...

that seriously sounds like somthing m brother would say!! they're always joking about that :) i use my long frosting tip and fill the bag with jelly, then put the tip inside of it through the side and put the jelly in them!! deliouce! our muffins taste good with jelly on then, :) i also did it with biscuits one time! them we drizzled a little bit of frosting on them! mmmmmmhmmmm :D