Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Farm Adventures

Our family once had a farm. Since I don't want to repeat myself, if you want to read about our farm go here.:)
I have decided fro the next couple weeks to write some of our farm stories down for all my reading to read. When we had our farm, having moved from Cary NC, and not knowing anything about farming, it was hard work, but most of all it was great fun! We jump head first to the farm life and thankful we swam instead of sinking!:)

This being the first story, I had a hard time picking it. There are so many stories I could write about, like when I was got stuck in the greenhouse,  or when I got stuck in a food barrel,  humm it sounds like I get stuck in lots of things!:) 
Anyway, I think I know what story to write about so here it goes!:)

Our Turkeys were strange and crazy! Other then never wanted to be penned up, then loved wheels! They would chase anything that was a wheel. Bikes, cars, roller blades, anything! Anyway, one afternoon, I was rollerblading. When all of the sudden I saw a turkey coming! Fearing for my life I ran while on roller blades! Once entering in to the garage I thought I was safe, and stopped running to catch my breath. Then I looked behind me and  jumped in fright! The Turkey was  still coming for me!! That is when I started screaming for help, while running up the stairs. Yes, I was still in my  roller blades.:)
When I got up the stairs I arrived in the Laundry room. I thought I was save, there was no way our turkey would come in the laundry room Think again!
It had followed me up the stairs and was now closer then ever before! That is when I run out of the Laundry room and slammed the Laundry room's door on the turkey.:) Since he could not get past a closed door I was finally safe from the turkey and was able to start laughing about how a turkey had just chase me into our laundry room!:)

I am now off to bed!
Goodnight!:)

3 comments:

Samuel said...

So, running up stairs in roller blades, I take it, is not a feat that you perform very often. You must have had a better roller blade instructor than I. :) But then if I had a turkey after me I might become very good on roller blades all of a sudden.

Anna said...

No, I do not preform often at all.:)
I did not have a roller blade instructor or take any classes. I taught myself how to roller blade when I was 5 and did it every day for years! So it kinda came naturally.:)

Abigail (knutson) said...

your turkeys are mean!
i'll never forget the one that poked me in the eye and i was being so nice to it too!