Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life In The Orthodontist Chair

On Tuesday I was eating a chip, and all the sudden I bit down on something that was NOT a chip!:0 At first I thought it was my tooth, but it was only the bracket on my molar. Somehow it had come all the way off my tooth. After it fell out, I decided to call the orthodontist and see what they wanted me to do. They wanted to see me of course, so we made an a appointment for this morning. I love my orthodontist! They are a Christian group and always are playing Christian music in their office! Everyone who works there is also very nice!

Anyway, when I got to the orthodontist, I had a different Orthodontic Assistant, then normal. She talked to me the whole time she had her hands in my mouth and then I tried to answer her...but it's hard to talk with hands in your mouth!:) Once she got my bands off, she had me go brush my teeth. This was the third time I had brushed my teeth, I brushed them at home, then I brushed them right when I got to the orthodontist and then I had to brush again when the bands were off. Once I got back from brushing, Doctor B. was there to look at my mouth. So I opened my mouth and he looked all in it, then he looked at my chart and then at my mouth again. Finally he asked me why I did not have a bracket on my molar. I said, with his hands in my mouth, that it fell off, and that was why I was there for an appointment.:) He said everything looked good and asked where the Orthodontic Assistant who was working on my mouth went, and I said I had no clue. Then I waited for the Orthodontic Assistant to get back. When she got back we started to put the bracket back on my molar.....we put it on three times before they could cement it in.:)Finally she had it in....and then she told me to....guess what....go brush again!!:) When I got back from brushing, she put back on the bands and changed my colors. Then I was set to go!:) On the way home I felt like I was going to throw up!:( Toothpaste bothers my and on top of that I had the glue and stuff they used to put back on the bracket. 
 Here is a picture of my mouth with my new colors. Pink, purple, blue, and green.:)

7 comments:

Abigail said...

woo! now twinkle teeth is super twinkley!

Lizzie said...

Yay, you go to the same orthodontist that Sarah and I went to I think! Dr. H was my favorite... Dr. B was new about the time I got my braces off.

Samuel said...

Well, at least you should really know how to brush your teeth now :)
I hate the taste of tooth paste, especially in the early morning.

♥Katie said...

Hey Anna!
My name is Katie, I'm Morgan's sister
I think you look very nice with braces!
See you at the barn dance!!!

Anna Taylor said...

Abigail, yes I did it just for you!:)

Lizzie, I did not know you went to that orthodontist too! Dr.B is my favorite!

Samuel, If I ever forget how to brush my teeth, then I think we should be vary worried!

Katie, thank you for the comment!
I can't wait to meet you at the Barn dance!!:)

Abigail (knutson) said...

sounds better than my last visit :)
but i dont have braces....
just a check, up they flossed until it cut My gums and the dentiste had blood ALL over her gloves and then left me and dad in the room for about an hour while she talked to the other dentist and then he said wow your gums look realy sore..
then they decided i needed a perscription for my toothe that wasn't comming in good and gave me toothe past i was allergic too even after i said i was allergic to it...
but most of the time dentiste apiontments are great! and the colors are cool! i didn't know you could get more than one color.

Katarina said...

I love the Orthodontist who talk while they have their hands in your mouth. lol (I was once told my a dentist that it was all part of the training.)

My visits always took twice as long as other people's visit because everyone wanted to know about my family and couldn't understand what I was saying when their fingers were in my mouth, so they would stop to listen to the answer, then start again long enough to ask a question, and then repeat the whole process. :D

I love the colors!! I'm glad to know I am not the only one who went for a multicolored mouth. lol