Thursday, May 31, 2012

Meal Plan - Week of May 27th-June 2nd

Right before we got married, Sam and I set down and wrote out a budget for the year. I really felt like I could easily only spend $50.00 on grocery each week and $25.00 a month for personal hygiene items. So, far it's been easy to do! When I go to walmart, I bring a calculator and add everything up as I go along and I ONLY use cash.(So, that I'm sure to stay in my budget.;) I'm trying to keep the meals healthy and gluten and dairy free. I'm not keeping everything as healthy as I would like, but that's the plan for next week.

This week's meal plan for dinner: 
Sunday night -  Turkey sandwiches and chips
Monday night - dinner with friends
Tuesday night - hot dogs, chips, cold slaw, and baked beans
Wednesday night - black beans and rice with Gluten-free cornbread (I made Sam chocolate  pudding with whip cream, I did not have any because of the dairy)
Thursday night - chicken breast, cabbage, and roasted potatoes
Friday night - stir-fry, rice, squash, cabbage, broccoli and baked apples
Saturday night - pesto and salad
Sunday night - tuna, peppers, onions, noodles, and parmesan cheeses.  

For Lunch: 
I will normally have left overs or almond butter on rice cakes.
For Sam, I pack sandwiches, chips, a apple, peanut butter crackers.
Today I packed him leftovers, black beans and rice, corn bread, a apple, chips and salsa.

For Breakfast:
Last Saturday I made a huge container of granola we have been eating on all week. On the weekend, we have eggs, sausage, grits, and pancakes. yummmm!;)

I was *very* excited that when I left walmart with this weeks groceries, I had only spent $45.00!

4 comments:

Goldberry said...

Wow! Kudos to you for excellent planning and budgeting! As one who struggles in this particular discipline of homemaking, I can tell you that your efforts in this area will be a great blessing to Sam and to your marriage. :)

Anna Taylor said...

Thanks Abby! :)

Rachel Heffington said...

Yes! Hooray for Annabeth!

Morgan said...

Exciting!! Thanks for sharing with us!:) I love hearing updates:)