Friday, June 12, 2009

How in the world!?!

Yesterday my family went to the Oxford Library. Our family loves to read and go to the library! Anyway we have not been to the Oxford Library for about 2 years. Since we used to be in Wake County at least twice a week and their library had a better book selection then Oxford, we just got a library card. (We all have cards to the Oxford library too.) So when we got to the Oxford Library I went up to the Librarian and asked if she could check and see if I have any finds on my card.

Well I did...



and guess



how much it was for!?!?











$50!!!!!!

I don't know how I could have that many finds?
We have not been in two years!
So I am excepting donations to pay off all my library finds, anyone who wants to help is welcome!
Ha! Just Kidding!;)

*Oh, Molly's card only had $2.50 on hers.

7 comments:

amyee1983 said...

I always end up with HORRIABLE fines I done understand it but it seems to always happen! I sympathize with you!!!

Lizzie said...

Supposedly... I don't know for sure, but a few years ago, I kept a book so long that I had $7 in fines for just one book. And I couldn't find it to return it! So they said I could just declare it missing, and if I ever found it, I could return it and get my money back! So you could try that... =P

Jonathan David Page said...

I managed to get a $12 fine on my library card... a card which supposedly has a $10 limit.

I actually work at the WFPL (I am the one responsible for the READ made out of crayons on the road-side window :), so I'm there regularly. I therefore have no excuse for not returning the books on time.

Samuel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samuel said...

Anna, What did they say you did wrong?

Anna Taylor said...

Amy, Don't ask to borrow books on my Library card. Between the both of us are fines could be really high!:)

Lizzie, I don't think we have any books from the Oxford library that we didn't return. You would think if we did, we would have found it before two years!

J,We won time have a $100 fine at the Wake library but we only had to pay $10!:)

Sam, I did not ask, they did not say. Next time I go in, I am going to talk to them and see if we can figure things out. Sarah said, all the fines were for a book we returned, but that they don't believe us. They don't really like us their, because we checkout almost 100 books every time we go! What can I say we like to read!:)

Jonathan David Page said...

Yes, I know you get a lot of books out. I'm always shelving holds for you guys!